Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pivotal Events Next Week

Next week, the first week of April, will present a two opportunities for me to return to a more normal life. On Tuesday, I will have my first outpatient surgery to stretch my throat. I'm anxious to learn how my swallowing will improve after this procedure. I'm told it may take several procedures to achieve normal swallowing. Even if this initial attempt allows me to eat some foods, it will be a win. Another benefit I'm looking forward to is the ability to sleep in a lying position. I still must sleep in a sitting position due to the pooling of fluids in the back of my throat.

Then on Thursday I meet with my oncologist. I am going to request his permission to return to work up to 30 hours a week beginning April 7th. I look forward to getting into the flow of life again. For me, working with my co-workers at American Century Investments is a big part of that.

I will target next Thursday evening for my next post. At that time, I will be able to provide an update on both my surgery and visit with my oncologist. Until then, take care.

3 comments:

Lee S. Kowarski said...

What an exciting week! I'll be thinking of you and wish you all the best

Granddaddy said...

I'll be out of the country next week, but will eagerly watch for your Thursday post. - Rodger

Lisa Martin said...

I just read your post, so I hope today goes well. I look forward to your Thursday post, and I look forward to seeing you back here at ACI. GB&KY - Lisa